Who We Are:
Golfuture is a modern, customer-centric entertainment and recreation company. We love the game of golf and want to share it with a larger audience than ever before. Our innovations allow both experts and novices to enjoy the core elements of golf in an accessible, entertaining, and convenient setting.
Technology plays a huge role in what we do at Golfuture. From advanced shot-tracking radars to first-class game software, we love leveraging technology to improve the player experience.
We’re a young and energetic start-up. Our team is made up of dynamic individuals who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are always ready to take on new challenges.
Who You Are:
You are a builder who enjoys the challenge of big projects. When building games, you often find yourself “in the zone” and deeply involved with the task at hand. You are always looking for ways to improve yourself and the things you work on. The thought of building programs for thousands of real users motivates you. Collaborating with a team comes naturally to you and you direct your individual effort to contribute to team success. You work well in a fast-paced start-up environment, and you enjoy being part of a small team that’s driving large impact.
As a member of the software development team, you will report directly to the Head of Engineering. You will be working on Golfuture’s most important software projects and be looked to as our Unity expert. Your projects may include building new golf game modes, updating user interfaces, building 3D game terrains and many other tasks. You will also act as a project manager for work led by external development teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Build Unity games and app components
- Update current Golfuture software to improve features and user experience
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings with our software team
- Collaborate with the software team to assess current software and plan improvements
- Lead or assist on ad-hoc projects
- Join testing team in the field to Alpha test pending updates
- Manage certain projects contracted to external development teams
What You’ll Need:
- 1+ years of solid Unity experience
- 2+ years of C# programming experience
- Experience in 3D modelling software
- Experience building games and/or mobile apps
- Experience in a development team
- Ability to work 40-50 hours per week
- Ability to work out of our Calgary offices three days a week
Nice To Have:
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Version control and management experience (git, mpm)
- General interest in and understanding of golf
- Startup experience
How to Apply:
- Apply through LinkedIn with your resume:
- Please email your cover letter to email@example.com
- Please note this is a 1-year contract with the possibility of extension
Location: Golfuture Offices, 4838 Richard Rd SW, Calgary