Who We Are:
Golfuture is a modern, customer-centric entertainment and recreation company. We love the game of golf and want to share it with a larger audience than ever before. Our innovations allow both experts and novices to enjoy the core elements of golf in an accessible, entertaining, and convenient setting.
Technology plays a huge role in what we do at Golfuture. From advanced shot-tracking radars to first-class game software, we love leveraging technology to improve the player experience.
We’re a young and energetic start-up. Our team is made up of dynamic individuals who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are always ready to take on new challenges.
Who You Are:
You are a builder who enjoys the challenge of big projects. You have great balance between big picture thinking and hands-on initiative. While coding, you often find yourself “in the zone” and deeply involved with the task at hand. You are always looking for ways to improve yourself and the things you work on. The thought of building programs for thousands of real users motivates you. Collaborating with a team comes naturally to you and you direct your individual effort to contribute to team success. You work well in a fast-paced start-up environment and you enjoy being part of a small team that’s driving large impact.
As a member of the software development team, you will report directly to the Head of Engineering. You will be working on Golfuture’s most important software projects, which may include upgrading a customer booking portal, building a profile management system, maintaining and improving the development pipeline, or planning new game versions.
This is an 8-week internship with a start date in January 2022.
What You’ll Do
- Build out software in the Golfuture offering
- Update current Golfuture software to improve features and user experience
- Participate in daily stand-up meetings with our software team
- Collaborate with the software team to assess current software and plan improvements
- Lead or assist on ad-hoc projects
- Join testing team in the field to Alpha test pending updates
What You’ll Need:
- 1+ year of software development experience
- Full-Stack web development in ASP.NET Core
- Experience in a development team environment
- Ability to work 40 hours per week
- Ability to work out of our Calgary offices three or more days a week
- Currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution
Nice To Have:
- Experience with React.js
- Experience building games and/or mobile apps
- Knowledge of DevOps and source control management (CI/CD, git)
- Understanding of microservice architecture
- General interest in and understanding of golf
- Startup experience
How to Apply:
- Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Location: Golfuture offices are located at 7015 Macleod Trail SW, Calgary